Saturday, May 14, 2005

To feel the wind beneath my wings,
to soar amongst the dark rain clouds,
to soak my feathers with the first rain drop,
to spray it on you,
to catch the first ray of light at dawn,
to bask in the red to dry my feathers,
to fan you with them when you rest,
as I tell you tales of far away,
I dreamt of flight,
now my wings are clipped,
broken by your absence,
I fell, that day when you walked away,
I still will soar,
fuelled by my love for you,
to only return to say,
that I want to spend my lifetime with you.

1 comment:

S.L. Corsua said...

Hello, Ritesh. Your poetry is so beautiful. I have read all your poems on this page, and I am moved... so much so that my heart weakens in remembrance. My love is far away from me, too. I see myself in your words, and I crumble. I feel.

Blissfully drowning, I am.

Of your works here, my faves are Arsenic and Consecutive.

I have linked your site to my own poetry blog. I am compelled to drop by again, and listen to your soul-whispers...

Write more. Dream well. ^_^