Sunday, May 22, 2005

The fire and the storm

It was love,
a flame that leapt into the skies,
made the stars, lit the moon,
started the sun’s fire,
Only to burn to cinders the walls,
which kept me happy in times of loneliness,
when I was far away from feelings,
feelings of belonging,
when you touched my life,
it was a deep gash to my mind,
in pain i learnt to rejoice,
in chaos of the mind I was at peace,
little did I know, it was inertia.
the inertia induced by your thoughts,
the ones that kept me in a trance,
while my heart bled in your longing,
my voice gave up, left me speechless,
for I forgot how to speak,
my soul forgot to smile,
for welded it is to your ever present absence,
I see someone’s soul call out to me
asking me to love,
I grow afraid, for she reminds me of you,
stronger that ever, as if to burn my heart,
the very flame that your love lit,
awaits to burn me to ashes,
and your thoughts shall then blow away,
whatever of me remains.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, nice poetry...
I particularly like "Why" and "Erasure". One piece of constructive criticism(Dont take my word as god and dont change your style to suit me): I see poetry as being a way of constructing passages of words in original and moving ways...you do this but i notice for you your emotions come strongly through all your poems. In some of them it almost suffocates the great ideas behind the poem. So, just try to write observations or write objectively about the true nature of something and the value you see in it, but dont allow yourself to become too emotionally involved. It will be interesting to see the outcome.
Otherwise...great work:)
Ender(From Google Groups)