Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Colours

Painted in yellow, by the sodium lamps,
the road below my foot just stretches endlessly,
towards my journey some 23 miles away,
as if a never-ending one,
I walk listening to the radio playing
as if like a background score, to soothe me,
to divert my mind from your longing,
I see your face in the moon,
watch you in every reflection,
caught in isolation, I just meander,
dragging along a broken heart,
along the road 
behind me my tears mark my route ,
as if to guide me home,
when you send me back,
where I shall have to return, again,
I carry the tears on my towel now,
for they may be unworthy of touching your ground,
your realm, where you rule, in your dominion,
I wish to stop breathing,
for the air in which you breathed,
is sacred to my heart,
how can I even let it flow,
through my lungs,
for they are so full of your presence
you, who is the soul to me.

No comments: