Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Beyond the touch, beyond the skies
somewhere where the stars twinkle,
and write your name in formation
I wish to fly there, your name lighting my wings
like my love for you lit my life,
as it still does today, when we are miles apart
some 23, your ways and mine,
only to be propelled further,
The only tears were mine, then and now
just to catch your glimpse,
to see you smile, knowing all is well
I wish to be amongst those stars
to float endlessly in space,
to watch over you, love you more,
to turn around and look at God,
to tell him what you are to me,
he knows but he pretends
for you are what is my blood of life
nothing else, nothing more,
just life as I exist, for whom I breathe
for whom I was sent to love,
now I exist in solitude, I cry,
maybe I fell short of loving you well.

No comments: