Thursday, April 28, 2005

Presence

I walk along those roads again,
Where I walked with you, long ago,
Besides those fleeting taxi cabs,
Amongst that evening crowd, winding home,
From the 9:00 pm train departing homeward
I stand there some 23 miles away from home,
With a smoke in my hand, I touch that road,
To trace our walk, now forgotten by you,
I often watch through the window,
Each time my train passes by your station,
I reach out and feel the air,
Knowing you breathed in it,
I feel in it your essence,
Of you and your strawberry face wash.
I watch the sun and envy it at times,
But thank the light touching me too,
It carries me your presence,
Reflected from your beautiful hair,
I’ve learnt to love the world,
For I know you see it with your eyes,
The ones that brought me peace once,
Now I watch the world bask in their light.
But I carry a smile, the one loving you brought,
That taught me love, forgiveness and patience
Now I raise my hands towards god,
To thank him everyday, for creating you.

No comments: