Monday, April 18, 2005

longings

Well sometimes life seems to be on high octane gas, we accelerate down the path of it only to come to a screeching halt, having passed by a place we should have stopped. But then isn't that life?

A life runs amongst fields, mine, on mine fields
each explode in your memory,
like a victim of land mines, I am crippled,
my homeward journey,
paved through there,
I’m aware of its presence,
each laid by your hand, I assisted
it is madness to love, to love like madness,
to walk on towards you, my homing beacon
that shall lead me to living,
I detest those who stand in my way,
between the mine field and me,
between me and you,
I need you, as I need to breathe,
to possess you, to protect you,
to whisper into your eyes, without words,
to make you understand, how much you need love,
each moment that separates us, you grow in me,
shattering my will that accommodates your absence,
making me yearn for you, to hold you in my arms,
to hold your hands, to reassure,
to tell you everything will be alright.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ritesh!

I found this lovely.

I suppose you're a great poet. Hmm?

Good luck for being a world famous poet.

Smiles!