Wednesday, June 15, 2005

The Powers of imagination

I am back to normality but then I visited soulless's blog and realized that I want to write on something sad, and I met Julia as well and told her a sad story, so here it comes, hope you all like this.

 

Silent Whispers.

Deafening,
as if to shatter my existence,
I hear you calling me,
as if the wind mocks me,
teasing me, to make me wilt,
cry in agony,

I was at the edge of the cliff,
hanging,
you just came visiting to loosen my grip,
I lost it,
I fell,
into love,
into a pain that it spawned,

I looked at you at my descent,
my fall that destiny named it,
as if into a bottomless pit,
I watched your face smile,
watching my soul trying to escape,

I fell to the ground,
I picked up myself,
walked uphill,
only to find you gone,
lost into the pages of my past,
stained with tears,
mine,

I sat at the cliff,
trying to reconstruct,
fragments from the memory,
like a puzzle missing most pieces,
only to lose my self in your thoughts,
absence got the better of me,

and you walked away,
my life accompanied you,
so did my smiles and little childish joys,
I now await,
as if in tranquil,
waiting for me to cease,
silently whispering,
begging to be liberated form pain.



1 comment:

S.L. Corsua said...

I saw the scene as if it were in slow motion.

Hanging from a cliff. Hearing the voice of the one you have been waiting for...

For so long. Expecting to be held. Close. Instead...

Pushed away. To be freed, or to free you -- really, does it matter, anyway?

When thereafter, and in the sigh-folds of each and every prior breath, you love...

And everyday, alone.

Yes, how deafening indeed.

p.s.
I feel ssooo honored to have inspired you to write, though I do hope you do not starkly relive the pain. I am banking on the title of this post, yes? The Powers of Imagination. ^_^