Monday, June 20, 2005

I missed the Rainbow

I was afraid,indoors and hiding,
when the thunder struck,
the rains lashed at my door,
I clinged to my pillow,
undeneath the bed,
where I hid,

I fell asleep,
the rains ceased,
the sun came out,
the birds sang,
the breeze blew cool,

I was lost in sleep,
and my fear kept me hidden,
I awoke and looked out my window,
i saw an arc seven coloured wide,
stretching across the heaven, fading,
I wish I had been up earlier,
conquered my fright,

For I could have caught the rainbow,
in all its glory,


I shall fear no more,
for the storm brings me the colours,
makes me smile,
makes my heart joyful,
I shall hide no more,
I am not afraid anymore….

3 comments:

Jyotsna said...

"For I could have caught the rainbow,
in all its glory...
there is always another rainbow waiting for us..always..we need to see it at the right time!
thks and do stay in touch! could not catch u on msn yet!

Anonymous said...

great poem, but storms are beautiful too. As the rain pounds your door they only what to talk, And as the ligthning striks they only what to amaze you, When thunder roars they only what to sing for you. Nature has beauty in everything for nature is life. And life is everything. Well take care and peace out

Anonymous said...

Whats up Ritesh, yeah that is my website. You should come by more often. Well take care and peace out