Monday, June 27, 2005

Hide In The Shadow

Rainy Country side,
walks in the rains,
the sun engulfed in a misty swirl of the clouds,
like me in thoughts,
of someone, distant, distinctly new,
a presence that prowls my thoughts,
to enchant me,
lure me,
I walk blinded,
not bewitched by its beauty,
not by its grace,
nor even its existence,
I walk for I feel contented,
feel it invoke peace in me,
some part of me that is still alive,
some part of me that still feels,
you stir the life in it,
like water to a dying plant,
that has been dying,
in thirst of water,
I look at the sky,
I see your presence, end to end,
the sky coloured, amethyst,
sparkles,
I call out to you,
hiding in the shadow,
shy,
afraid to stand in the same light as you,
afraid to lose sight of your shadow even,
losing myself after finding,
over and over,
Finally understanding,
love and joy,
in solitude,
healing in my fate,
wishing,
someday…
maybe….
when…

1 comment:

S.L. Corsua said...

Wwaaa it's ssooo beautiful! I was grinning when I imagined the scene here:

hiding in the shadow,
shy,
afraid to stand in the same light as you,
afraid to lose sight of your shadow even,


The tender hesitation of someone who loves from afar has never been so poetically put. ^_^

Finally understanding

and

healing in my fate

reinforce the line:

I walk for I feel contented

Yay! My new fave poem of yours. ^_^