Thursday, March 31, 2005

then

The streets of my life
Empty, awaiting trial at life’s doors
Death shall answer my questions maybe
When I shall close my eyes
But then I shall miss
All I felt around me,
All that are felt since I’ve loved you
The street lights on my way back home at two
The wind blowing on my face
The distance I cover in the hour of my journey
Some odd kilometers, as if 23 miles extended forever
I know you, I know you know it
Of  how I feel without you
I shall refrain from telling you as long as I can
How my heart burns in your absence
I shall not speak, utter a sigh
I’ll walk silently along
I will wish forever to walk with only you
I see you in ever blink and stare
Soon when I shall quit
Living was over then, now the existence that remains
I’ll just smile at the sky
If I should take my plunge into the valley of death
You won’t cry maybe, maybe you will
I’ll carry a tear when I go
But my heart shall pray to keep you smiling.

No comments: