Monday, July 04, 2005

Engulfed

I was at Malshej yesterday, it is a beautiful place, almost like heaven on earth. I went there unplanned, just imagine his I call up this guy at 9:00 and tell him 15 minutes and we are to leave for a nice outing at Malshej, it takes no planning, no thought or even packing for us both to go anywhere, the wanderers you can call us. Eagles flying on wings of freedom. I found someone there all around me, so I wrote something in my mind and I am putting it up here. Hope you all like this. Me going there again next saturday.

Engulfed
===============================

You would hide,the green peaks
often to reveal them when the sun would intervene,
I would look at the sun,
ask it to be gentle on you,
for you made it look so serene,
the green so pristine,
as if to bathe the soul of a troubled mind,
to make me want to believe, in love,

The waterfalls, spraying, misty,
the wind blows it my way,
though cold, I feel each droplet,
as your instance, so much like you,
for they are silent too,
but talk to me in profound silence,
when they drench me and flow,
making a statement in silence, so 'you',

I walked down hill,
with you surrounding me,
and settled down,to eat an ear of corn,
sitting on the fence,overlooking the valley,
just above the waterfall,
I could feel the nicotine,
rising in my blood,
the smoke mixing with you,
but you still distinctly seperate,
untarnished, your presence,

when I ended my walk,
I turned around,
looked at the mountains,
shining where the streaks hit the peaks,
and stood there, smiled and called out to you,
to come along, home,
you came one last time,engulfed me,
went back to the mountains,
I bid goodbye, with a tear ...
===============================



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice imagery of feeling that connect and disconnect simulteanously with a romantic interest. Saw you at the poet aggregator.