Thursday, July 07, 2005

Dreams of another day

I dreamt of flight,
nurtured the thought,
Fed it the hope,
Drenched it in the blood of my feelings,
It held me strong each time I looked,
For it reminded me of the construct,
Of the ways of the world,
Where all is destroyed to be built again,
But it had like my heart given up,
Forgotten love, forgotten feelings,
Unlike my heart, it was weak, fragile,
And it lay in the hands of a ruthless,
The very one who help me rendition it,
I went to my knees, watched it shattered,
Counted each piece,
The shards cut my fingers,
And became red,
I put them together,
For I knew love would heal,
This time it hurt
More in mending than hurt,
I let it stay,
the shattered remains of my dreams,
My Dreams of another day,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm the one who is inspired... i have no net access at work but everytime i go home, i come to your blog and drown myself in the sea of words that you create.

Anonymous said...

Excellent poem, you should always hold on to your dreams, some day they will come true. Even thou one is shattered keep it, you have nothing to lose as long as your happy. Well man I hope everything is going well. Take care and peace out