Friday, July 01, 2005

Breaking the silence

We passed by,
as total strangers,
I caught you too looking my way
unfocused though,lost in ourselves,

as if the silence had more to say,
and the words wouldn’t suffice,
and that we could wait to talk,
untill the next tide,
that may arise,
in my mind, may in yours,
this june walked past,
just as we ,

All with some reasons,
of some fears capsuled in our minds,
a mutual morbid fear maybe,
mine is losing,
losing you after finding,
your’s I do not know.
maybe is finding after losing,
maybe on similar lines,

I sat with the wind today,
after speaking to you with words,
silently, without speech,
both on either side of the terminal,
and the wind broke its silence,
the same wind that dwells within,
as a storm in my mind,

I knew what you were becomming,
I could feel you grow,
over and over,
and a bit more,
into this heart,
destined to be lone,

nature’s folly,
to hurt me again,
to entrap my mind,
for I ridiculed love once,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whats up, Ritesh everything is going well with me. It's good to know that someone actually cares for me ask if I'm alright. But everything is good, there's just been a lot of things going on in my life now. And I have been getting lazy on read people's poems. But I'll try more. I read this poem and it's excellent. And I don't believe that your destined to be alone. Love will come around again to you. It all takes time, and we all must wait for a it to come. But don't give up, trust me. I used to believe I didn't need love but now I can see love is always there. And love isn't giving up on us. Well man I hope everything is going good in your life. Have a great weekend, take care and peace out

Jyotsna said...

"nature’s folly,
to hurt me again,
to entrap my mind,
for I ridiculed love once...! Your last few lines made me comment...Nature never hurts us,we do it as we are the only thinkers in our mind and dont ever give up on love,life and nature :)