Monday, September 05, 2005

A Maple called Annie

I sat down to rest,
under the green of a maple,
it sheltered my heart,
gave me back the wings to fly,
I felt closer to heaven,
as if touched by an angel,
body and soul,
and down the line i forgot,
the tree needs watering too,
not just the words of love,
and autumn came,
the maple leaves gently touched me,
I forgot they were falling, dying,
I wished to hug the maple,
with my hands so tiny,
I felt ashamed,
my tears got in my way,
and my maple, my Annie,
just stood there,
in silence,
but i shall not wait until spring
and wont let the winter snow touch her,
if she would let me water,
and keep her warm, once,
not for anything in return,
but to pay her back the love,
in a way i could never express,
for i understand now,
and i won't fight the truth,
that she needs to know the love i have,
like maple trees need water.

No comments: