Saturday, January 29, 2011

Maddened

They still play that song, down by the inn
Where we had coffee, and I drank
I was drunk in the moment with you
Filled up my heart in the melody of your voice
Whilst we discussed over things that never mattered
Neither to you nor to me, just to converse
Our glasses stood next to each other, like they wanted to dance
And I never asked if you wanted to, I apologize
Too shy to say I had two left feet
They guys still go crazy when they watch TV
When Knopfler sings ‘postcards from Paraguay’…
They sometimes raise a toast to that empty chair
Of the table I sit at, to let me feel that they see you too
I know they lie, for they don’t have my eyes
But lie in good spirit, would you come on by?
They ask sometimes when they meet me speaking to you
On the road, where we once took a stroll
Buddies;
They always cheer me up
And keep that bleed in check, some I see with tearful eyes
I know you are gone, but why do I still see you
Feel your presence,
In each flake of snow I see, each ray of sunlight that falls
Like an omnipotence, endless like the universe itself
And why do I walk on, talking to you, hearing you speak to me
In the rustling leaves, the gentle whistle of the wind
I may have been maddened, but I like it there
I keeps you with me

No comments: