Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tread to the barrier

 

I often ask, strange as it may seem, an introspect
Looking into the aura, of the self, its so much a chasm
Like the earth opening up to swallow me whole, to be greater
To over cloud me, hide the self, project a handiwork, a faux
The barrier exists, It is the same principle
Made, fragile, seemingly immense, darker than the darkest heart
It serves one purpose, I advocates, abhors all I think
Makes me wonder if it should, and then some.
I often wonder, should it shatter, what demons it may unleash
Will it bend my will, make me fall, sting like a scorpion seething with fury
Shall it strike you like a snake, douse you in its venom,
Color you in the sins of the violent mind, violate your  body
Torment your mind, make you beg for mercy, or strangle you with lust
Often these questions rise and fade, like waves, at tide
Maybe someday you shall be the victim, maybe it maybe me, maybe us
Until then I leave it to uncertainty.

No comments: