Wednesday, July 26, 2006

She shall never be alone

The granite in October
The rose beside her on the seat
Gifted by her long gone lover
Dried, fallen from her old diary
In the twilight she stares into the open road
Meandering, all over the mountain,
over looking the valley, she over looking
Losing the faith she had in love
Lost labor of love
Her lashes hold a tear drop
She doesn’t weep she said to me on the phone
I stare at her, from far while I speak to her
She is afraid to open her heart to me
Afraid she may seek refuge in me
One she rejected a long time ago
I still stand in her life
Like the pillars of a burned oil rig
Caught in a fire, off shore
But it still remains
A memory to the lives of those lost in it
Like it, I stand in her life
But she will not look towards me
I complain not, not to her, not to anyone
But I know she knows my love
I know she misses me somewhere
But I stay on as a friend
She shall not cry, and never alone
For I have know the pain of love.

No comments: