Wednesday, June 26, 2013

An ode to my butterfly

The dancing flame, on the silver plate.
Spreading light uneven like my fate .
I chanced upon the garden gate ,
golden, a Butterfly, stirring my faith.

I look and wonder, Ah ! a spark of joy .
The wings smiled and the eyes gleamed
An eagle soaring high above,
My heart wished to touch its feathers

I waited its decent, waited to no avail
Higher then the wind blew slight
Rejoiced I was at the thought of its flight.
Afraid when I lost a wing

In pain i was, in the quest of my heart,
My longing became my undoing
The wings still smiled as they initially did,
But my hearts agony could not be hid .

“Walking away I am, O beautiful creature “
but forsake it I had to nature .
SO tore apart my heart I did in half ,
And told one half to guard it on my behalf.

I walked away with my bleeding heart ;
For another butterfly might long for another .
I leave my broken wind behind, bearing witness
Guarding and protecting this moment for ever.
-------------------------------------------------

A poem by Krishnakumar. (My cousin)

No comments: